WORMING TABLETS FOR DOGS
There are alot of options when it comes to preventing your pets from harmful parasites - which in alot of ways is awesome but in some ways can make choosing the medication for your pet just that bit harder. With so much choice it can be hard to know which is the best suitable for your dog or cat. Take a read of this blog to find out how you go about it all and choose your preffered method!
There are a few different parasites that your dog and cats need to be protected from, they include:
- Fleas - Fleas are tiny brown insects that burrow into your dog or cats skin and cause immense irritation. Fleas are the number one cause of skin disease in pets. Fleas can also transmit tapeworm to your pets so it is vital to treat them.
- Ticks - Ticks are more than just an irritating parasite. Ticks carry diseases and can cause paralysis in death which you do not want.
- Worms - Nobody wants to think about the idea of worms infesting their dogs internal organs but it is very common for pets not on any preventatives. Very serious health problems can occur if your dog or cat is not treated for worms asap.
- Mites - Mites are tiny creatures that burrow into your dogs skin and can cause intense itching, hair loss and skin infections - they can even be transmitted to humans.
- Mange - Mange is a highly contageous skin disease found in dogs. It is a result from mites and is somthing that you do not want to see your dog suffer through.
- Heartworm - Heartworm disease is an extremely serious disease that results in severe lung disease, heart failure, other organ damage, and death in pets, mainly dogs, cats, and ferrets. They get heartworm by the bite of an infected mosquito. The best treatment is prevention for heartworm. If your dog has the heartworm injection you are covered for the moment and will not need to include heartworm in your prevention plan.
Now that you know what you need to prevent your dog from we move on to what you are going to use!
Having trouble choosing the right treatment for your dog? Click here for some help!
There are so many different products for your dogs out there, what product does what, and for how long? We understand that it can be dificult to choose which products are best for you and your furry friend. Our team has put together a table to simplify the decision process on choosing a product for fleas, ticks and worming to suit your needs and budget!