Zylkene helps pets cope when facing unusual and unpredictable situations and can be used before occasions such as a change in their normal environment.
- Zylkene is a complimentary feed for cats and dogs that contains a natural product derived from casein, a protein in milk. It is a molecule well known to promote the relaxation of newborns after breastfeeding.
- Since its launch Zylkene has become a familiar product for veterinarians, behaviourists, nurses and pet owners world wide.
- It can be given daily and is both preservative and lactose free.
Why use Zylkene
- Zylkene can help support dogs and cats in situations where they find they need to adapt their behaviour to cope. These can include kennel and cattery stays, moving house, the arrival of a new pet or baby, sudden noises such as fireworks, travel or festivities.
- Many cats do not cope well in a multi-cat household. There are many ways our pets can respond to new and unpredictable situations and not all animals will respond the same way.
- Even the most seemingly innocuous situations and experiences can trigger your pet's uneasiness when they are in unusual or unpredictable situations. Different animals are not all susceptible to the same things, for example some dogs and the attention of many people at once whilst some react very differently, hiding away. Similarly, some cats love being picked up but others do not.
- Even the most seemingly innocuous situations and experiences can trigger pets’ discomfort when they are in unusual or unpredictable situations.
- The alpha casozepine in Zylkene®is made following best quality standards from the farming of the dairy cows to the casein hydrolysis manufacturing process, which complies with certifications ISO 9001 and ISO 22000.
- Zylkene comes in three strengths:
Zylkene Capsules 75mg (30 capsules)
Zylkene Capsules 225mg (30 capsules)
Zylkene Capsules 450mg (30 capsules)
- Zylkene® is easy to give in one daily intake. The Capsules contain a palatable, water soluble powder that appeals to both dogs and cats. They can be given whole or opened and the powder mixed with food, treats or liquids. Since Zylkene is taken orally and ingested, it is present wherever the pet goes, both inside and outside the house.
- Water should always be available to your pet.
- Zylkene is palatable and easy to give: simply mix with food or give the whole capsule.
For short term use: Begin administration 1-2 days before the predicted event or change in environment. Some animals may need earlier administration (5-7 days).
For long term use: Start giving Zylkene for one month then reassess the pet. Association with a behaviour modification program may help in these situations.
|Capsule Strength||Weight||Daily Dose|
|Zylkene 75mg||0-5kg||1 capsule|
|Zylkene 75mg||5-10kg||2 capsules|
|Zylkene 225mg||10-15kg||1 capsule|
|Zylkene 225mg||15-30kg||2 capsules|
|Zylkene 450mg||15-30kg||1 capsule|
|Zylkene 450mg||30-60kg||2 capsules|
- It is recommended that you consult your vet before administering Zylkene
- Can be used short term or for longer periods of time (after consideration of other potential causes)
- Can be given to nursing queens or bitches, as well as to kittens and puppies
- Not designed to replace a veterinary behavioural consultation
- Not suitable for severe anxiety or behavioural problems
Works great and no side affectsBy: Sepi on 10 March 2020We got 2 new kittens recently and one of our older cats was depressed and went off his food which is so rare because he's so food orientated normally, He was stressed by the new kittens because he felt he would get left out even though I still gave him just as much attention as before but he's an emotional cat. The vet recommended this when Feliway didn't make any difference and it works. He seemed better after the first day and after a week he is pretty much back to the happy sweet playful cat he used to be. Very happy and would definitely recommend this to anyone with a nervous cat or anyone about to move house, place their cat in a cattery or introducing new family members of the furry kind.