Add to the water to freshen breath and reduce plaque
Notify me when back in stock
Aquadent is a water additive for dogs and cats that freshens breath. It contains xylitol which inhibits bacterial growth and plaque adhesion. When used daily xylitol will reduce the accumulation of plaque. Its an easy way to maintain healthy gums after teeth cleaning.
Just add 10mls per litre of your pet's drinking water each day
*we have just been informed by the American Veterinary Medical Association that large quanities of xylitol can be toxic to dogs. We have contacted Virbac the manufacturer who have told us that a 1kg dog would have to drink a full 500ml bottle of Aquadent in one go to create any toxicitys ie a 20kg dog would have to drink 20 500ml bottles at one time.
Most dogs are being poisoned by Xlitol from eating sugar free chewing gum or by owners giving them cakes and sweets that contain it. Xylitol is an arificial sweeter.
Signs of toxicity can be seen as quickly as 30 minutes after xylitol ingestion in dogs. The xylitol causes a rapid release of the hormone insulin, causing a sudden decrease in blood glucose. This in turn may cause the following symptoms:
- Ataxia (uncoordinated movements)
- Hypokalemia (decreased potassium)
- Liver dysfunction and/or failure
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Vet Shed users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.