A mucolytic powder that will help break up the mucous associated with respiratory infections. Can be used in conjunction with antibiotics.
Acute respiratory disease in the horse is usually caused by a viral infection. Symptoms can include excessive & abnormal mucus production, nasal discharge, coughing and elevated temperature.
Viral infections are contagious and quickly spread from horse to horse. Young horses are particularly susceptible to viral infections.
Thick purulent mucus is associated with bacterial infection. It's difficult for the horse to get rid of, coughing increases, and the infected mucus is a store for continuing infection.
Mucus produced during infection resists penetration by antibiotics or antibacterials.
Why use Sputolysin?
- Fluid production increases, which helps to dilute existing secretions, enabling clearance from the respiratory tract.
- Mucus blocking of the small airways is prevented. Maintains the integrity of the alveolae and small airways.
- Airway resistance is reduced, breathing effort is reduced and ventilation is improved.
- Concurrent use of Sputolysin with antibiotics or antibacterials increases their level in mucus.
- Infection is cleared.
- Fewer infections develop into chronic cases.
- Improves movement of mucus in small airways.
- Prevents mucus blocking & adherence in the large airways.
- Reduces bacterial adherence.
- The continuous clearance of mucus reduces frequency & intensity of cough.
When to use Sputolysin:
- Any respiratory disease with increased secretions
- Bacterial infections, together with an appropriate antibiotic.
- Foal respiratory infections, especially colds at weaning.
- Upper respiratory tract infection.
- Chronic respiratory disease with increased mucus.
Directions for Use:
- Sputolysin is an easy to use powder that is readily mixed in with your horse's feed. 420g tub contains measuring scoop.
- Adult Horses (500kg): 30g twice daily in the feed.
- Small horses, ponies, foals: 10g per 170kg bodyweight, twice daily in the feed.
- Sputolysin should be given for 7 days, or at least 3 weeks in chronic cases.
One tub of Sputolysin contains enough for a full week of treatment.
Composition: Dembrexine 5mg/g
Withholding Periods: Meat - 28 days.
Presentation: Powder: 420gm
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Vet Shed users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.