Parrot Essentials 2kg
complete nutrition for any parrot
Notify me when back in stock
A complete and nutritious diet for parrots
- No artificial flavours, blueberry flavoured pellets and almond chips
- Balanced and complete with vitamins, minerals, amino acids and essential oils
- Inclusion of 5% real fruit & 5% fresh nuts add variety and is a great source of enrichment when compared with plain pellet diets
- Also suitable for breeding parrots
- Fruits and vegetables should be given as behavioural enrichment.
- No added supplements are needed
How much will your bird eat?
As a guide, most cage and aviary birds will consume about 10% of their bodyweight in dry feed per day. As an example, a 100g cockatiel will consume approximately 10g of dry food per day. Fruits and Vegetables: Fruit and Vegetables should be fed to your bird (20% of diet) to encourage interaction and provide variety and stimulation. Chewable items like pine cones, cuttlefish bone, and native tree branches may be provided to help occupy your bird.
Using Vetafarm foods as a supplement:
Vetafarm Diets can also be used as a supplement to seed based or homemade mixtures. Provide Vetafarm Diets as approximately 10 - 20 % of the total diet. Ensure that the Vetafarm Pellet, crumble or powder is being consumed. Further supplementation may be required depending on the seed/mixture used.
Converting Birds to Pellets: For fussy birds or those new to pellets, Vetafarm have an easy to understand You Tube help video available.
Whole grains: Maize, soybean, wheat and oats.
Vegetable Oils, natural organic acids, almond chips, and dehydrated fruit.
Vitamins: A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, C, D3, E, H & K
Minerals: Calcium, cobalt, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, sulphur & zinc
Min Crude Protein 17.0%
Min Crude Fat 5.0%
Max Fibre 3.5%
Max Salt 0.5%
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Vet Shed users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.