A thiamine supplement that may help to calm nervous horses.
B Quiet is a supplement formulated to support horses suffering the symptoms of Thiamine deficiency such as hyper-irritability, nervousness and reduced appetite.
A deficiency of thiamine has been shown to lead to nervous behaviour. B-Quiet provides concentrated levels of thiamine to treat the symptoms of thiamine deficiency. In hard working horses or those on high grain diets, production of thiamine by intestinal bacteria may be reduced because of stress and hindgut acidosis.
Thiamine plays a vital role in carbohydrate metabolism and nerve transmission. When the levels of Thiamine fall below essential levels then weight loss and or anxious/nervous behaviour may result.
- To nutritionally support excitable and highly strung horses
- Horses which are poor travellers and/or anxious away from home
- Horses which are prone to tying-up
- Mares who become irritable when in season
- Horses "heated up" by grain
- As an alternative to vitamin B1 injections
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
For anxious or nervous horses, or those displaying other signs of thiamine deficiency the following amounts should be fed daily.
Mix well with feed:
- 30g* per day - mix into the feed for as long as signs persist.
- 30g per day - for horses on high grain intakes or those in heavy training
- Double doses (60g per day) may be given for 2 days prior to a show, competition or racing
1 heaped scoop = 30g
|Thiamine (Vit B1)||1,000 mg||33,333 mg|
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Awesome serviceBy: Kelly on 20 October 2017I have bought a few things from the vet shed and they are always very efficient and professional.