Wombaroo Cosy Heat Pad
Heat pad suitable for all animals
Notify me when back in stock
A great way to prevent hypothermia in old, sick or orphaned animals. 360mm x 260mm
260mm x 360mm ~ Soft PVC cover
240 volts - 10 watts
- Provides a warm place to rest for all animals
- The cord is approximately 160cm from the pad edge to the pins of the plug.
- Great for hanging pouches for orphaned marsupials: Place pad at back of pouch. Put insulation between pad and animal
- Veterinarians: use on operating tables and in recovery rooms
- Reptiles: Place at one end of the enclosure so reptile can move on or off the heated area. Cover with layer of sand or flat rock
- Birds & Animals: Boxes and hospital cages. Place pad underneath or inside box or cage
- Dog & Cat Beds: Place underneath bedding and provide protection from chewing
Using the Pad
This Cosy Heat Pad is designed to provide warmth for sick, young or debilitated animals and birds. The pad works by gradually heating up the area under where the animal sits.
The heater produces a temperature on the pad surface of about 15-20°C above room temperature.
When room temperature is less than 10°C.
Animals should be as close as practicable to the pad surface.
When room temperature exceeds 10°C.
Animals should be insulated from the pad surface with layers of woollen fabric. The thickness of insulation required will depend on the room temperature and should be adjusted so that the animal is comfortable.
Monitor the temperature where the animal rests with a thermometer. It should be between 25°C and 35°C, depending on the age and type of animal. Seek professional advice if unsure of your animal’s needs.
Heat stress can occur if the temperature is too high.
This device is fitted with a cut-off switch which limits the surface temperature of the pad, preventing excessively high temperatures..
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Good quality productBy: Robyn on 3 May 2021This heat pad is much better quality than our previous one, the pad itself is more robust and easily cleaned. My only gripe, and it is the same for all electric heat pads, is that the lead is too short, our power points are midway up the wall which greatly restricts the placement of the pad. An extension lead fixes the issue but not ideal imo. Product itself is loved by our ex street cat.
Perfect heat!By: Faye on 30 May 2018I was replacing a very old electric heat pad which had only one heat setting.....flat out! This one also has just the one setting but it’s perfect, even heat I feel is way healthier for my old cat as he tends not to move off it much in the cooler weather. Very happy