Tropican Hand Feeding Formula 5kg
premium food for optimal growth
Notify me when back in stock
Tropican Hand-Feeding Formula provides proper daily nutrition for baby parrots up to fledgling, which is a critical age of a parrot's life.
- Finely ground up extruded formula that is easy to mix, blends in seamlessly with hot water to create a smooth and consistent clump-free mash. This makes preparation quick and easy, improves feeding and enhances digestion.
- It's an excellent peanut-derived source of fat and protein as well as a source of 8 essential grains that complement amino acid profiles; all critical to the proper growth and well-being of parrot chicks.
- Recommended for African Greys, Amazons, Cockatiels, Cockatoos, Conures, Eclectus, Lovebirds, Macaws, Pionus, most Psittacines.
- Hand-Feeding Formula is suitable for baby parrots up to fledglings. It can also be fed dry to Lories, Finches, Canaries and other small species as food supplement
- Easy to prepare : just add hot water and mix
- Recommended for African Greys, Amazons, Cockatiels, Cockatoos, Conures, Eclectus, Lovebirds, Macaws, Pionus, most Psittacines
- Contains no artificial preservatives, colours and flavors
- Contains "Human Grade" Sunflower kernel and peanut meat
- Contains optimum levels of protein, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other nutrients required by growing babies
- Contains multiple sources of protein to generate impeccable feathers
- Contains optimal, balanced and safe levels of calcium and vitamin D for all psittacine species' requirements
- Contains natural omega and fatty acids from flax seeds
- Has a high caloric density
- Provides optimum nutrient density and gut motility
- Simplifies transition to Tropican High Performance Formula
- Easy to clean as it does not stick to feathers
- Fully processed and pasteurized to eliminate bacterial and fungal organisms; high level starch gelatinization
- Has no solid/liquid fractionation, resulting in effective crop peristalsis and no impaction
Ground corn, soybean meal, corn gluten meal, ground wheat, ground brown rice, ground dehulled sunflower seeds, ground dehulled peanuts, sugar, canola oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, dried yeast, ground flaxseed, lecithin, dried beet pulp, dried kelp, oat groats, L-lysine, choline chloride, DL-methionine, biotin, vitamin E supplement, niacin, calcium L-ascorbyl-2-monophosphate, zinc oxide, manganous oxide, d-calcium pantothenate, vitamin B12 supplement, rosemary extract, beta-carotene, copper sulfate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, inositol, folic acid, vitamin A supplement, calcium iodate, sodium selenite, vitamin D3 supplement.
Guaranteed Analysis :
Crude protein 22% (min), Crude fat 10% (min), Crude fibre 3.5% (max), Moisture 9% (max), Calcium 1% (min), Phosphorus 0.8% (min), Vitamin A 5,500 IU/kg (min), Vitamin D3 550 IU/kg (min), Vitamin E 220 IU/lkg (min), Beta-Carotene 0.42 mg/kg (min), Omega-3 Fatty Acids 0.03% (min), Omega-6 Fatty Acids 0.25% (min).
Manufactured in a facility that packages products containing nuts.
Feeding Guide :
Administration of food with a feeding syringe is recommended provided you are confident of the proper technique to be used. Please refer to our website (www.hagen.com/hari) for additional technical resources on hand feeding techniques. Use a separate syringe for each clutch.
Place syringe tip slightly into left side of beak with one hand. Pressure should be placed on the beaks commissures with the fingers of the other hand and palm of hand held behind the head of chick, preventing the syringe to injure the mouth when chick will react with a feeding response. When bird gives feeding response (head pumping), start feeding and aim towards the back right side of the mouth. If you are not confident with syringe feeding, a spoon bent on either side can also be used. Close monitoring of chick response and respiration is essential to prevent aspiration.
Fill crop without excess stretching. A daily weight monitoring and amount fed chart should be kept for health growth parameters and future reference. Allow crop to completely empty between feedings. A bent teaspoon may also be used to slowly drip food into beak.
Metal feeding tubes are not recommended, as they can pierce the crop and esophagus, allowing food to leak out. Can be fed dry to lories, finches, canaries and other small species as food supplement.
Tropican mashBy: Jo-Anne on 4 June 2020Excellent