Denamarin small dog and cat is for dogs and cats under 6kg it contains 30 tablets.
S-Adenosylmethionine (SAMe) in Denamarin® has been shown to increase levels of the antioxidant glutathione, which is an important compound which assists in the efficient functioning of the liver and provides protection of this important organ against toxins. Although SAMe is naturally produced by the liver, its production is decreased when the liver is compromised, leading to suboptimal levels of glutathione.
Silybin (derived from milk thistle) supports oxidative balance and helps the flow of bile through the liver. Bile is important in aiding digestion and nutrient absorption. Silybin may also support levels of glutathione which is an important compound protecting liver health. The silybin found in Denamarin® is complexed with phosphatidylcholine, which has been shown to increase absorption compared to standardised milk thistle extracts.
- Denamarin needs to be given at least one hour before feeding our pet. The absorbtion of Denamarin is decreased if given with a meal
- It can be disguised in a small bite of moist food
- It is not necessary to with hold water from your pet
- In cats they can "stick" to the throat instead of passing into the stomach. Cat owners should gently administer a small amount of water immediantly following adminsistration to aid in swallowing
- Tablets should not be broken - the enteric coating protects the active ingrediants from destruction whilst in the stomach
- This product should be used on recommendation from your vet and regular check ups to make sure dosage and frequency are correct for your pet.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Vet Shed users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.
Write a product review