The Preventic Tick Collar kills ticks (including paralysis ticks), for up to two months.
The active ingrediant in the Preventic Tick collar is Amitraz, which, once the tick collar is worn, migrates over the whole body of the dog enabling the elimination of ticks; it is absorbed by the fatty layer. The powder is insoluble to water and has a very high affinity for skin and hair. The Preventic Tick Collar is neurotoxic to ticks and will kill those travelling on the skin. When the collar is first placed on the dog the adult ticks will be killed over the entire body of the dog within a few days. Remove any dead ticks remaining in the dogs coat. Remember to inspect your dog on a daily basis for ticks (especially in paralysis tick areas). Replace the collar after 2 months to ensure continued protection. Remove the collar immediately should any signs of skin irritation occur. Safe to use in conjuction with Frontline and Advantix
COLLAR LENGTH: 72cm - (1 size fits all - cut to fit )
• Controls ticks including Ixodes holocyclus (paralysis tick) and Ixodes cornatus (indigenous tick), Haemathysalis Iongicornis (bush tick), Boophilus microplus (cattle tick) Rhipicephalus sanguineus (brown dog tick) in dogs for up to 2 months.
RECOMMENDED FOR USE IN
• All dogs over 16 weeks of age
• 1 collar weighing 27.5g and 72cm in length
9% Amitraz 90g/kg
DOSAGE & DIRECTIONS
Fit the collar to the dog so that 2 or 3 fingers can be easily inserted between the collar and the dog’s neck. The collar may irritate the dog’s skin if attached too tightly.
• Cut off and dispose of any excess length of collar.
• It will take up to 48 hours before the dog is protected (it takes 24-48 hours for the amitraz to migrate over the dog’s body).
• Once applied, do not remove Preventic (except while bathing or swimming as water will reduce the efficacy of the collar) since the continual dosage of Amitraz will be interrupted.
• Daily tick searches in paralysis tick areas are highly recommended for dogs.
• Preventic is recommended for dogs from 16 weeks of age.
• Amitraz is toxic if accidentally ingested. Immediate veterinary attention is required.
• Reapply a new Preventic collar every 8 weeks.